Monday, October 21, 2013

October 21, 2013

Hey Everyone!
   The mission is going great!! Elder Meline and I set two more baptismal dates this last week which is pretty exciting. One of them actually happened last night. We've been teaching this guy for a while and just stopped by to bring him some cat food and walked out with a baptismal date for November 30th. He lost his leg in a motor cycle crash and is an interesting guy to say the least. He's a hard man to teach because he has had problems with his memory ever since the crash. He has a cat with a hole in it's head named Oreo. You can see it's brain. It's disgusting. I'm not sure why we found food for it. I kinda just want it to die.
   The other baptism is this lady that got called in as a referral. She started talking to someone about the church through World of Warcraft....so she's a World of Warcraft referral. i think that's a first but I'm not sure. I'm still new. She lives in this tiny run down house in the ghetto and has sixteen geese and ducks running around her tiny yard. We got chased out the first time. I think I would have preferred sixteen dogs. Dogs don't hiss at you. apparently geese do. We went back anyways and had a discussion while birds climbed all over us but she's getting baptized on the 23rd of November so it definitely was worth it. We went back yesterday to pick her up for church with a member and the geese were a lot nicer for some reason...Holy ghost maybe?
   The members here in Mesa are really nice. everyone else is okay ha I love them but most of them don't love us. We get yelled at a lot. It's really not worth saying much more about that. I love when people try to tell us that we're going to hell. I don't even argue. I did the first time but then I realized it wasn't worth it. Dad was right. Don't tell him I said that though. The last time it happened I just smiled and nodded along and gave him a pass along card when he was finished ranting.
   Anyways I hope everyone is doing well and that the world isn't ending. I wouldn't know if it was because of the lack of news. I like it that way actually. Arizona has news enough. If the world was ending, however, that might increase baptisms. So I guess I have mixed feelings on the subject.
   I love you all and, like I said, I hope everything is going well back in Oregon. If it isn't we know know who to turn to. Christ already payed for and felt all of our pains and suffering. Don't waste that gift. It's not refundable.

Sincerely,

Elder Earl

P.S. Phillipians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment